7 Steps to Help You if You Keep Missing Out on Property in the Sydney Market
If you have been considering buying real estate in the current market and keep missing out then you might be starting to think “why bother?”
I still believe that property investment in Sydney is a great way to park your money. Just look at what the banks are willing to pay you in interest or the ups and downs in the share market – and property is still a great option. Most investors in the 10km radius of the Sydney CBD have made capital increases plus on average close to a 3.8% return, as opposed to the 2.5% interest rates banks are offering.
It’s easy to get trapped into a negative story regarding your search, how your priced out of the market and agents under quote. Here are my tips on hitting the refresh button so that you can get back out there with a clear head.
- Go through the SOLD section in Domain.com.au to see what price properties that you have been through are selling for. There is a lot of talk out there about agents under quoting this will educate YOU on what things are selling for and you DO NOT have to rely on price guides.
- Get the auction results each week and again look out for those that you have been through.
- Review your wish list in property based on size, location and amenity and really understand whether or not your dreaming or whether it is a possibility. If you find that the sold prices for the type of property you are looking at are way over your budget then it is time to face reality and change strategy.
- So based on number 3,GET REALISTIC – I heard one journalist say that they had done 7 building and pest inspections. Stop replying on what the agents are saying and utilize your experiencing of looking at properties to determine price. Rather than get into the negative story about how terrible real estate agents are USE your knowledge and experience to really understand VALUE. This will really assist you.
- If what you are looking for is not within budget FACE reality it will save you so much time, negative emotion and possibly make you more money. Look for those areas close to where you want to buy but a little out of the area, look for floor plan that can create more space, an extra bedroom here, more parking there. Don’t just look at pictures. Really look at the floor plan and get creative!
- Create a mood board of what your ideal home may look like, get inspired pin it, get excited, visualise, mediate, pray – do ALL of this to shift your energy and then BE realistic BE open to different possibilities.
- Write out your goals, create a time plan, keep notes on property, prices and agents and GET out there. if all of this seems too much call FLINT property I can guarentee that my time is better spent doing what I am specialised at and yours is well better spent doing anything else really…
If you are looking to buy in Sydney call Brooke Flint 0425 221 226